General Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) are an agreement between Anadar Professional Services LLC (“Anadar Professional Services”, “APS”, “wdservices24.com, “us”, “our”, or the “Company”) and you (“User” or “Customer” or “Client” or “you” or “your”). This Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the products and services made available by Anadar Professional Services and of the wdservicers24.com or Anadar Professional Services website (collectively, the “Services”). By using the Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the Services.
- Additional Policies and Agreements
- Use of the Services is also governed by the following policies, which are incorporated by reference. By using the Services, you also agree to the terms of the following policies.
- Additional terms may also apply to certain Services and are incorporated by reference herein as applicable.
- Account Eligibility
- By registering for or using the Services, you represent and warrant that: You are eighteen (18) years of age or older. The Services are intended solely for Users who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Any registration, use of, or access to, the Services, by anyone under eighteen (18) is unauthorized and is a violation of this Agreement.
- If you use the Services on behalf of another party you agree that you are authorized to bind such other party to this Agreement and to act on such other party’s behalf with respect to any actions you take in connection with the Services.
- It is your responsibility to provide accurate, current, and complete information on the registration forms or during information gathering, including an email address that is different from the domain you are signing up under. If there is ever an abuse issue or we need to contact you, we will use the primary email address we have on file. It is your responsibility to ensure that the contact information for your account, including any domain accounts, is accurate, correct, and complete at all times. Anadar is not responsible for any lapse in the Services, including without limitation, any lapsed domain registrations due to outdated contact information being associated with the domain. If you need to verify or change your contact information, you may do so through your account on the website to update your contact information or by contacting our support on the website. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account.
- You agree to be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place through your account. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and other information related to the security of your account.
- The Service and any data you provide to us is hosted in the United States (U.S.) unless otherwise provided. If you access the Service from outside of the U.S., you are voluntarily transferring information (potentially including personally-identifiable information) and content to the U.S. and you are agreeing that our collection, use, storage and sharing of your information and content is subject to the laws of the U.S., and not necessarily of the jurisdiction in which you are located.
- Our Transfers Team will make every effort to help you move your website to us or to a new host. Transfers are provided as a courtesy service. We do not make any guarantees regarding the availability, possibility, or time required to complete an account transfer. Each hosting company is configured differently, and some hosting platforms save data in an incompatible or proprietary format, which may make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to migrate some or all account data. In some cases, we may not be able to assist you in a transfer of data from an old host. The free transfer service is available for thirty (30) days from your sign update. We provide one transfer into and out of our services on a complimentary basis. Additional transfers may incur a charge. We only guarantee the movement of your website as provided and are not responsible for any changes due to changes in hosts. Changing the content or presentation of your site may incur an additional charge.
- Anadar Content
- Except for User Content (as defined below), all content available through the Services, including designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, software, audio and other files, and their selection and arrangement, and all software used to provide the Services (collectively, “Anadar Content”), are the proprietary property of APS or APS’s licensors. APS Content may not be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, scraped, displayed, posted, transmitted, sold or exploited for any purpose in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, other than as expressly permitted in this Agreement. You may not, directly or indirectly, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code or other trade secrets from any APS Content. Any use of APS Content, other than as specifically authorized herein, is prohibited and will automatically terminate your rights to use the Services and any APS Content. All rights to use APS Content that are not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by APS and APS’s licensors.
- User Content
- You may be able to upload, store, publish, display and distribute information, text, photos, videos, and other content on or through the Services (collectively, “User Content”). User Content includes any content posted by you or by users of any of your websites hosted through the Services (“User Websites”) or provided by you to us for use in developing your website or related products. You are solely responsible for any and all User Content and any transactions or other activities conducted on or through User Websites. By posting or distributing User Content on or through the Services, you represent and warrant to APS that (i) you have all the necessary rights to post or distribute such User Content, and (ii) your posting or distribution of such User Content does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
- Solely for purposes of providing the Services, you hereby grant to APS a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), publish and distribute User Content; and (ii) make archival or back-up copies of User Content and User Websites. Except for the rights expressly granted herein, APS does not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the User Content, all of which shall remain solely with you.
- APS exercises no control over, and accepts no responsibility for, User Content or the content of any information passing through APS’s computers, network hubs and points of presence or the Internet. APS does not monitor User Content. However, you acknowledge and agree that APS may, but is not obligated to, immediately take any corrective action in APS’s sole discretion, including without limitation removal of all or a portion of the User Content or User Websites, and suspend or terminate any and all Services without refund if you violate the terms of this Agreement. You hereby agree that APS shall have no liability due to any corrective action that APS may take. You hereby agree to indemnify APS for any impact from hosting or using your user content as described here as relates to intellectual property, libel, slander, or related issues.
- Compliance with Applicable Law
- For the purposes of European Directive 95/46/EC, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any applicable national implementing laws in your jurisdiction, and with respect to your subscribers’ or customers’ personal data, you acknowledge and agree that you are the Controller (as that term is defined in the GDPR), and we are a Processor (as that term is defined in the GDPR) insofar as you may store personal data through your use of our Services only as permitted and subject to the terms of this Agreement. You also acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for complying with all obligations of a data controller under applicable law (including the GDPR). To the extent the GDPR applies to you, you represent and warrant that in using our Services, you will clearly describe in writing how you plan to use any personal data collected and you will ensure you have a legitimate legal basis to transfer such personal data to us and that you have the necessary permission to allow us to receive and process (e.g., store) such personal data on your behalf.
- Third-Party Products and Services
- Third-Party Providers
APS may offer certain third party products and services. Such products and services may be subject to the terms and conditions of the third-party provider. Discounts, promotions, and special third party offers may be subject to additional restrictions and limitations by the third-party provider. You should confirm the terms of any purchase and the use of goods or services with the specific third party provider with whom you are dealing.
APS does not make any representations or warranties regarding, and is not liable for, the quality, availability, or timeliness of goods or services provided by a third-party provider. You undertake all transactions with these third party providers at your own risk. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information regarding third-party providers. APS is not an agent, representative, trustee or fiduciary of you or the third party provider in any transaction.
- APS as Reseller or Licensor
APS may act as a reseller or licensor of certain third party services, hardware, software and equipment used in connection with the Services (“Non-APS Products”). APS shall not be responsible for any changes in the Services that cause any Non-APS Products to become obsolete, require modification or alteration, or otherwise affect the performance of the Services. Any malfunction or manufacturer’s defects of Non-APS Products, either sold, licensed or provided by APS to you will not be deemed a breach of APS’s obligations under this Agreement. Any rights or remedies you may have regarding the ownership, licensing, performance or compliance of any Non-APS Product are limited to those rights extended to you by the manufacturer or provision of such Non-APS Product or Service. You are entitled to use any Non-APS Product or Service supplied by APS only in connection with your use of the Services as permitted under this Agreement. You shall make no attempt to copy, alter, reverse engineer, or tamper with such Non-APS Product or to use it other than in connection with the Services. You shall not resell, transfer, export or re-export any Non-APS Product, or any technical data derived therefrom, in violation of any applicable law, rules or regulations.
In the event of a failure of a third-party service or product, APS liability will be limited to no more than your price paid and we will be responsible, in the case of services or products that we use to provide you the Services, only insofar as we are responsible for working with the third-party to restore the product or service or for identifying a replacement for the contracted functionality or service. Otherwise, APS will bear no liability for the failure or reduction of such service or product. Specifically, APS may use another provider for hosting services which we then manage as part of the Services requested, including shared hosting. We may, at our discretion, also subcontract for work on websites including, but not limited to, website design, content creation, and related functions.
- Third-Party Websites
The Services may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by APS (“Third Party Sites”), as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, sound, video, information, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third Party Content”). We are not responsible for any Third Party Sites or Third Party Content accessed through the Services. Third-Party Sites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us. If you decide to access Third Party Sites or to access or use any Third Party Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable third party’s terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices of any website to which you navigate.
- Prohibited Persons
The Services are subject to export control and economic sanctions laws and regulations administered or enforced by the United States Department of Commerce, Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”), Department of State, and other United States authorities (collectively, “U.S. Trade Laws”). You may not use the Services to export or re-export, or permit the export or reexport, of software or technical data in violation of U.S. Trade Laws. In addition, by using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are not (a) an individual, organization or entity organized or located in a country or territory that is the target of OFAC sanctions (including Cuba, Iran, Syria, Sudan, North Korea, or the Crimea region of Ukraine); (b) designated as a Specially Designated Nationals or Blocked Person by OFAC or otherwise owned, controlled, or acting on behalf of such a person; (c) otherwise a prohibited party under U.S. Trade Laws; or (d) engaged in nuclear, missile, chemical or biological weapons activities to which U.S. persons may not contribute without a U.S. Government license. Unless otherwise provided with explicit written permission, APS also does not register, and prohibits the use of any of our Services in connection with, any Country-Code Top Level Domain Name (“ccTLD”) for any country or territory that is the target of OFAC sanctions. The obligations under this section shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement or your use of the Services.
- Account Security and APS Systems
It is your responsibility to ensure that scripts/programs installed under your account are secure and permissions of directories are set properly, regardless of the installation method. When at all possible, set permissions on most directories to 755 or as restrictive as possible. Users are ultimately responsible for all actions taken under their account. This includes the compromise of credentials such as user name and password. You are required to use a secure password. If a weak password is used, your account may be suspended until you agree to use a more secure password. Audits may be done to prevent weak passwords from being used. If an audit is performed, and your password is found to be weak, we will notify you and allow time for you to change or update your password before suspending your account.
The Services, including all related equipment, networks, and network devices are provided only for authorized customer use. APS may, but is not obligated to, monitor our systems, including without limitation, to ensure that use is authorized, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability, and operational security. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied and used for authorized purposes. By using the Services, you consent to monitoring for these purposes.
Any account found connecting to a third party network or system without authorization from the third party is subject to suspension. Access to networks or systems outside of your direct control requires the express written consent of the third party. APS may, at our discretion, request documentation to prove that your access to a third party network or system is authorized.
Any account which causes us to receive an abuse report may be terminated and/or have access to services suspended. If you do not remove malicious content from your account after being notified by APS of an issue, we reserve the right to leave access to services disabled.
APS reserves the right to migrate your account from one data center to another in order to comply with applicable data center policies, local law, or for technical or other reasons without notice.
- HIPAA Disclaimer
We are not “HIPAA compliant.” You are solely responsible for any applicable compliance with federal or state laws governing the privacy and security of personal data, including medical or other sensitive data. You acknowledge that the Services may not be appropriate for the storage or control of access to sensitive data, such as information about children or medical or health information. APS does not control or monitor the information or data you store on, or transmit through, the Services. We specifically disclaim any representation or warranty that the Services, as offered, comply with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). Customers requiring secure storage of “protected health information” as defined under HIPAA are expressly prohibited from using the Services for such purposes. Storing and permitting access to “protected health information” is a material violation of this Agreement, and grounds for immediate account termination. We do not sign “Business Associate Agreements” and you agree that APS is not a Business Associate or subcontractor or agent of yours pursuant to HIPAA.
- Compatibility with the Services
You agree to cooperate fully with APS in connection with APS’s provision of the Services. It is solely your responsibility to provide any equipment or software that may be necessary for your use of the Services. To the extent that the performance of any of our obligations under this Agreement may depend upon your performance of your obligations, APS is not responsible for any delays due to your failure to timely perform your obligations.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that all User Content and User Websites are compatible with the hardware and software used by APS to provide the Services, which may be changed by APS from time to time in our sole discretion.
Except where we have committed to doing so, you are solely responsible for backing-up all User Content, including but not limited to, any User Websites. APS does not warrant that we back-up any User Content, and you agree to accept the risk of loss of any and all User Content.
Where we have committed, in writing, to backing up your content, we are not responsible for the loss of any content, impact to your business, or other perceived or actual damages. At any time during the contracted provision of related Services (e.g. hosting), you may request a copy of your most recent backup.
- Billing and Payment Information
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your payment information is up to date, and that all invoices are paid on time. You agree to pay for the Services in advance of the time period during which such Services are provided. Subject to applicable laws, rules, and regulations, payments received will be first applied to the oldest outstanding invoice in your billing account.
- Unless otherwise provided, you agree that until and unless you notify APS of your desire to cancel the Services, you will be billed on an automatically recurring basis to prevent any disruption to your Services, using your credit card or other billing information on file with us.
- Listed fees for the Services do not include any applicable sales, use, revenue, excise or other taxes imposed by any taxing authority. Any applicable taxes will be added to APS’s invoice as a separate charge to be paid by you. All fees are non-refundable when paid unless otherwise stated.
- Late Payment
- All invoices must be paid within ten (10) days of the invoice due date. Any invoice that is outstanding for more than ten (10) days may result in the suspension or termination of Services. Access to the account will not be restored until payment has been received. If you fail to pay the fees as specified herein, APS may suspend or terminate your account and pursue the collection costs incurred by APS, including without limitation, any arbitration and legal fees, and reasonable attorneys’ fees. APS will not activate new orders or activate new packages for customers who have an outstanding balance on their account.
- In the case of hosting and other subscription services, once an invoice is more than 10 days overdue, the site will be taken down and replaced with a generic placeholder page. After 30 days, the site, and content, may be deleted. You assume full responsibility for any impacts of such changes. After 30 days, APS assumes no responsibility for the loss of any data.
- It is a violation of this Agreement for you to misuse or fraudulently use credit cards, charge cards, electronic funds transfers, electronic checks, or any other payment method. APS may report any such misuse or fraudulent use, as determined in APS’s sole discretion, to governmental and law enforcement authorities, credit reporting services, financial institutions, and/or credit card companies.
- Invoice Disputes
- You have ninety (90) days to dispute any charge or payment processed by APS. If you have any questions concerning a charge on your account, please reach out to our billing department for assistance.
- Payment Card Industry Security Standard Disclaimer.
- APS complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standard (“PCI Standard”) in connection with the collection and processing of our customer’s data and billing information. However, you are solely responsible for the security of the data and billing information on your User Website. APS does not monitor User Websites for PCI compliance and we are not able to verify whether a User Website complies with the PCI Standard. This applies to sites we build as part of Services for the Customer as well, though every effort will be made to design the site so that it is PCI compliant.
- Money-Back and Service Guarantee.
- Managed Hosting and Basic Hosting.
APS offers a thirty (30) day money-back guarantee for APS’s managed hosting and basic services when first contracted only (not inclusive of renewals).
Subject to the terms described in Section 13 below, if you are not completely satisfied with these hosting services and you terminate your account within thirty (30) days of signing up for the Services, you will be given a full refund of the amount paid for hosting.
- Website Deployment
APS offers a thirty (30) day money-back guarantee for website development services.
Subject to the terms described in Section 14 below, if you are not completely satisfied with these hosting services and you terminate your account within thirty (30) days of initial delivery for the Services, you will be given a full refund of the amount paid for hosting.
This money-back guarantee only applies to fees paid for website development services and does not apply to domains, administrative fees, install or license fees for custom software or other setup fees, or to any fees for any other additional services.
- On-going Support
For our website development services, we warranty your site insofar as the product that we provided works as delivered. If issues are found after acceptance, we will fix any issues found that are a result of our services or a failure on our part to deliver expectations. We cannot and are not responsible for changes that you make or anyone makes on your behalf. Except for our managed hosting services, we are not responsible for any security or hacking issues that arise after you accept the site for use.
- Cancellations and Refunds
- Payment Methods
We typically expect payment through our website using payment cards, PayPal and similar electronic means. On request, we can process payments, in the United States only, by check, money order, Western Union or other means. Work or Services will not begin until receipt of such funds in our accounts and any refunds will not be initiated until we have received the funds as reported by our bank. Payment is not considered made until APS receives the funds for our use in our bank.
- Money-Back Guarantee
If an account with a thirty (30) day money-back guarantee is purchased and then canceled within the first thirty (30) days of the beginning of the term (the “Money-Back Guarantee Period”), you will, upon your written request to the APS Support Team (the “Refund Request”) within ninety (90) days of such termination or cancellation (“Notice Period”), receive a full refund of all basic shared, VPS and reseller hosting fees previously paid by you to APS for the initial term (“Money-Back Guarantee Refund”), subject to the provisions of the Payment Methods paragraph above; provided that such Money-Back Guarantee Refund shall be due to you only upon your compliance with, and subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of, this Section 13. Requests for these refunds must be made in writing to the APS Support Team. Refunds will only be issued for managed hosting and website development services and will not include domains, administrative fees, install fees for custom software, or other setup fees, nor will they include any fees for any other additional services. Money-Back Guarantee Refunds will not accrue, and shall not be paid under any circumstances if you do not provide the applicable Refund Request within the Notice Period.
- Refund Eligibility
Only first-time accounts are eligible for a refund. For example, if you’ve had an account with us before, canceled and signed up again, or if you have opened a second account with us, you will not be eligible for a refund. Violations of this Agreement will waive your rights under the refund policy.
- Non-refundable Products and Services.
There are no refunds on administrative fees, and install fees for custom software or licenses for paid plug-ins or themes. Domain names secured as part of a website development package that is refunded, become the property of APS on request of the refund.
- Cancellation Process
You may terminate or cancel subscription Services (e.g. managed hosting) by giving APS written notice via a support request on the website. In such event: (i) you shall be obligated to pay all fees and charges accrued prior to the effectiveness of such cancellation and (ii) APS may, in our sole discretion, refund all pre-paid fees for managed hosting services for the full months remaining after the effectiveness of such cancellation (i.e. no partial month fees shall be refunded) less any setup fees, applicable taxes and any discount applied for prepayment, provided that you are not in breach of this Agreement.
Once we receive your cancellation form and have confirmed all necessary information with you via email, we will inform you in writing (typically email) that your account has been canceled. Your cancellation confirmation will contain a ticket/tracking number in the subject line for your reference and for verification purposes. You should immediately receive an automatic email with a tracking number stating that “Your request has been received….” APS will confirm your request and process your cancellation shortly thereafter. If you do not hear back from us, or do not receive the automatic confirmation email within a few minutes after submitting your cancellation form, please contact us immediately via email at email@example.com
Once you have requested a cancellation of subscription services, files being hosted stored, or otherwise in our possession (including backups) will be deleted at least thirty (30) days later. You may request a copy of the files in that time or you may request us to delete the files earlier. Domain names procured as part of our services will immediately become property of APS on processing of the cancelation.
- Foreign Currencies
Exchange rate fluctuations for international payments are constant and unavoidable. All refunds are processed in U.S. dollars and will reflect the exchange rate in effect on the date of the refund. All refunds are subject to this fluctuation and APS is not responsible for any change in exchange rates between the time of payment and the time of refund.
APS may terminate your access to the Services, in whole or in part, without notice in the event that: (i) you fail to pay any fees due; (ii) you violate this Agreement; (iii) your conduct may harm APS or others or cause APS or others to incur liability, as determined by APS in our sole discretion; or (iv) as otherwise specified in this Agreement; or (v) as requested by courts, law enforcement or other governmental bodies. In such event, APS shall not refund to you any fees paid in advance of such termination, and you shall be obligated to pay all fees and charges accrued prior to the effectiveness of such termination. Additionally, APS may charge you for all fees due for the Services for the remaining portion of the then-current term.
- Managed Hosting
As part of the Services, APS provides Managed Hosting, where APS hosts and/or manages the site including keeping WordPress, themes, and plug-ins up to date, backing up the site, and maintaining security best practices. It is best practices to ensure that plug-ins and themes are updated for ensuring security but doing so may periodically conflict with other plug-ins or customizations. We will coordinate with the Client to ensure the best balance of security and functionality but we will not be liable for any resulting downtime, business impact, or loss of functionality, though we will work to minimize it.
APS will work to ensure the security of the site and/or recover from any security issues and prevent future issues. APS is not liable for any resulting downtime, business impact, or loss of functionality, though we will work to minimize it. The Client is responsible for ensuring that they follow best practices when making any changes to the website or hosting environment.
- CPU, Bandwidth and Disk Usage
- Permitted CPU and Disk Usage.
All use of hosting space provided by APS is subject to the terms of this Agreement and the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Hosting space may only be used for web files, active email and content of User Websites. Shared hosting space may not be used for storage (whether of media, emails, or other data), including, as offsite storage of electronic files, email or FTP hosts. APS expressly reserves the right to review every shared account for excessive usage of CPU, disk space, and other resources that may be caused by a violation of this Agreement or the Acceptable Use Policy. APS may, in our sole discretion, terminate access to the Services, apply additional fees, or remove or delete User Content for those accounts that are found to be in violation of APS’s terms and conditions.
- Bandwidth Usage.
We make every effort to provide servers with the bandwidth necessary to meet your needs. We monitor sites on our system and work to maximize their bandwidth opportunity. We make no guarantees about available bandwidth. To provide the best Service, we may, occasionally, have to migrate to other infrastructures which may result in periodic downtime. Every effort will be made to minimize the impact to your site but APS is not responsible for any resulting downtime or business impact.
- Price Changes
APS reserves the right to change prices or any other charges at any time. We will provide you with at least thirty (30) days notice before charging you with any price change on any annual or longer-term plans. It is your sole responsibility to periodically review billing information provided by APS through the user billing tool or through other methods of communication, including notices sent or posted by APS. Price changes will only affect future pricing. Any Services already paid for will continue at that price until the next renewal period.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL APS ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY USER CONTENT, USER WEBSITES OR OTHER MATERIALS ACCESSED OR DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE SERVICES, EVEN IF APS IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, APS’S LIABILITY TO YOU, OR ANY PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU, FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO APS FOR THE SERVICES IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE INITIAL ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY. THIS IS AN AGGREGATE LIMIT. THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM HEREUNDER WILL NOT INCREASE THIS LIMIT.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless APS, our affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (each an “Indemnified Party” and, collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, suits, actions, demands, proceedings (whether legal or administrative), and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees) threatened, asserted, or filed by a third party against any of the Indemnified Parties arising out of or relating to (i) your use of the Services, (ii) any breach or violation by you of this Agreement; or (iii) any acts or omissions by you. The terms of this section shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
By using the Services, you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in connection with any dispute relating to, concerning or arising out of this Agreement. The arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator chosen by APS and will be held at the AAA location chosen by APS in Connecticut. Payment of all filing, administrative and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules, unless otherwise stated in this paragraph. In the event you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, APS will pay as much of your filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. The arbitration before the AAA shall proceed solely on an individual basis without the right for any claims to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on bases involving claims brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of others. The Federal Arbitration Act, and not any state arbitration law, governs all arbitration under this paragraph. All decisions rendered by the arbitrator will be binding and final. The arbitrator’s award is final and binding on all parties. The arbitrator’s authority to resolve and make written awards is limited to claims between you and APS alone. Claims may not be joined or consolidated unless agreed to in writing by all parties. No arbitration award or decision will have any preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration. If you initiate litigation or any other proceeding against APS in violation of this paragraph, you agree to pay APS’s reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees incurred in connection with our enforcement of this paragraph.
- Independent Contractor
APS and User are independent contractors and nothing contained in this Agreement places APS and User in the relationship of principal and agent, partners or joint venturers. Neither party has, expressly or by implication, or may represent itself as having, any authority to make contracts or enter into any agreements in the name of the other party, or to obligate or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the formation of this Agreement, or the breach of this Agreement, including any claim based upon an alleged tort, shall be governed by the substantive laws of the State of Connecticut. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement.
APS shall not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. APS makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for the Services. APS disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, including loss of data resulting from delays, delivery failures, wrong deliveries, and any and all service interruptions caused by APS or our employees.
- Backups and Data Loss
Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. APS’s backup service runs on the advertised interval and overwrites any of our previous backups. Only one set of backups are kept at a time. You agree to take full responsibility for all files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on APS’s servers.
Any shared account using more than 20 gigs of disk space will be removed from our backup cycle with the exception of databases continuing to be backed up. All data will continue to be mirrored to a secondary drive to help protect against data loss in the event of a drive failure.
- Limited Warranty
THE SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE BASIS.” EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS SECTION, APS AND OUR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, FOR THE SERVICES, PROVIDED HEREUNDER. APS AND OUR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES (I) THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR COMPLETELY SECURE; (II) AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES; OR (III) AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES. APS AND OUR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS ARE NOT LIABLE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY, FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY DATA, TRANSFERRED EITHER TO OR FROM USERS OR STORED BY USERS ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES. THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION SHALL SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- Disclosure to Law Enforcement
APS may disclose User information to law enforcement agencies without further consent or notification to the User upon lawful request from such agencies. We cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies.
- Entire Agreement
This Agreement, including documents incorporated herein by reference, supersedes all prior discussions, negotiations and agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and this Agreement constitutes the sole and entire agreement between the parties with respect to the matters covered hereby.
The headings herein are for convenience only and are not part of this Agreement.
- Changes to the Agreement or the Services
APS may modify, add, or delete portions of this Agreement at any time. If we have made significant changes to this Agreement, we will post a notice on the APS website for at least thirty (30) days after the changes are posted and will indicate at the bottom of this Agreement the date of the last revision. Any revisions to this Agreement will become effective when posted unless otherwise provided. You agree to any modification to this Agreement by continuing to use the Services after the effective date of any such modification.
APS reserves the right to modify, change, or discontinue any aspect of the Services at any time.
If any provision or portion of any provision of this Agreement is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions or portions (unless otherwise specified) thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
No failure or delay by you or APS to exercise any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or remedy preclude any other or further exercise of any right or remedy. No express waiver of, or assent to, any breach of or default in any term or condition of this Agreement by any party hereto shall constitute a waiver of, or an assent to, any succeeding breach of or default in the same or any other term or condition hereof.
- Assignment; Successors
You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any of your rights or obligations hereunder, without the prior written consent of APS. Any attempted assignment in violation of this Agreement shall be null and void and of no force or effect whatsoever. APS may assign our rights and obligations under this Agreement, and may engage subcontractors or agents in performing our duties and exercising our rights hereunder, without the consent of User. This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- Force Majeure
Neither party is liable for any default or delay in the performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement (other than failure to make payments when due) if such default or delay is caused, directly or indirectly, by forces beyond such party’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, fire, flood, acts of God, labor disputes, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, interruptions of transportation or communications, supply shortages or the failure of any third party to perform any commitment relative to the production or delivery of any equipment or material required for such party to perform its obligations hereunder.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries
Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement is intended, nor shall anything herein be construed to confer any rights in any person other than the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Notwithstanding the foregoing, user acknowledges and agrees that any supplier of a third-party product or service that is identified as a third-party beneficiary in the service description, is an intended third-party beneficiary of the provisions set forth in this Agreement as they relate specifically to its products or services and shall have the right to enforce directly the terms and conditions of this Agreement with respect to its products or services against user as if it were a party to this Agreement.
This file was last modified: April 20, 2020